The purpose of this document is to instruct you on how to use the CRC-Customer Verification form. Although named after the ITS Computer Repair Center this RFS (Request for Service) panel has evolved to address additional customer requirements. The primary function is to check-in/check-out customer hardware at any drop-off (help desk) location. The hardware may remain at the drop-off location if the problem is software related or be submitted to the CRC for a hardware repair. If the customer requires a loaner the loaner check-in/out process is managed through this panel.
What is the CRC-Customer Verification form?
This panel has three primary management functions, customer hardware check-in/out at any appropriate drop-off site, customer loaner check-out and return, and the submission of a repair request for customer hardware being checked-in or for customer hardware located at a departmental site.
Accessing the CRC-Customer Verification form
The form is accessed by using the Hardware Check-In/Out dropdown menu at the top of the UNC-Request for Services ticket. The dropdown menu has the following three options:
1. Hardware Check-In/Out – When a machine is physically at the helpdesk location.
2. Loaner Check-In/Out – When a customer needs to check-out or check-in a loaner to the helpdesk.
3. Hardware Repair Request – When a customer requires a hardware repair, either for equipment checked-in at a drop-off location or for an on-location repair.
Any one of these three menu options will open the CRC – Customer Verification panel. If needed the panel will prompt you to have certain fields on the RFS ticket filled in and also prompt you to save the ticket. The How To Instructions takes you to this document.
Using the CRC-Customer Verification form
When you select one of the three values from the Hardware Check-In/Out dropdown menu, the CRC – Customer Verification form will open. If the RFS Ticket has not been saved, the form will prompt the user to do so. It will also prompt the user to have all the required values filled in on the RFS ticket before the CRC ticket can be created.
1. When the form is pulled up, it will access the Hardware Check-In tab. From here you can click on the Check-In Customer Hardware button if they are checking in other components with the computer.
2. In the additional hardware check-in you can add or remove components by selecting the component from either field. Once the changes have been made, close this form.
3. If the customer is checking out a loaner click on the next tab, Loaner Check-Out. Then click on the Loaner button and select a loaner from the list that has the Status of Checked-In.
4. Once the loaner is selected then click the Check-Out button. Then close the form.
5. You will now see a Stoplight Icon showing you that this customer has a loaner checked-out that will need to be returned upon pick-up of the repaired machine or before closing the RFS ticket if the loaner is not associated with a repair request.
6. You can then click on the Repair – Submit tab to verify the information and submit the CRC ticket. You can add the additional Contact Information on this tab and whether or not this is a departmental machine with an EOSC Number. You can add the model of the machine to the repair request too. After any pertinent information is added, you can click the Submit to CRC button to send the Computer Repair Center a CRC ticket.
CRC Application to Manage Ticket
Checking In Loaners
After the CRC – Customer Verification form has been closed you will see an icon on the RFS form in the upper left-hand corner that says, “Hardware Check-In/Out”. If the customer checked out a loaner you will also see in red text, “Loaner Out”. You can use this icon or the dropdown menu to access the CRC – Customer Verification form to check the customer’s loaner back to the helpdesk and return the hardware to the customer.
1. When a loaner is returned, open up the CRC – Verification form and click on the Loaner Check-Out tab and click on the Loaner button. From this form click on the Check-In tab, select the proper loaner and click Check-In. You can then close this form.
2. Once the loaner is returned you can return the customer’s hardware to them by clicking on the Hardware Check-In tab and click the Check-In Customer Hardware button. Select the items being returned and click Remove to move them out of the list on the right.
3. After you have finished this you can close this form and make any updates to the RFS ticket. Then you can solve the ticket if needed.
CRC – Customer Verification form Repair – Review tab
Within the form, the Repair – Review tab is used to review information from the CRC ticket.