- On Feb 9, 2015, ITS Security blocked the Microsoft Outlook App for Android, due to security concerns. If you have the application installed it will not connect to UNC Servers.
- On March 8th, 2015, The university has transitioned (only for HeelMail users) to Office365. You will need to change your account settings. Please see the settings Mobile Device (iOS). It may be necessary to remove and re-add your account.
Gathering the Server Name.
- Login to HeelMail
- Click on Question
- Click on About
- Under the About list, the Server name or Host Name (outlook.office365.com) address will be needed for the Exchange (Active Sync) Email Setup instructions below to configure an iOS device.
Exchange (ActiveSync) Email Setup on iOS.
Setup on iOS 8.x
- Tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Tap Microsoft Exchange.
- You don’t need to enter anything in the Domain box. Enter the information requested in the Email, Username, and Password boxes. You need to enter the information below:
- Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Server: Enter outlook.office365.com in the server field.
- For Domain: Leave “blank”.
- Username: Enter your email@example.com
- Password: Enter your onyen password in the provided field.
- Tap Next on the upper-right corner of the screen. Your iOS device will try to find the settings it needs to set up your account. Go to step 7 if your iPhone finds your settings.
- If your iOS device can’t find your settings, you’ll need to manually input your Exchange ActiveSync server name.
- In the Server box, enter outlook.office365.com, and then tap Next.
- Choose the type of information you want to synchronize between your account and your device, and then touch Save. By default, Mail, Contacts, and Calendar information are synchronized.