The instructions below are designed to help you find where the local folders emails are stored for Thunderbird application on your computer. This can be useful if you need to backup your local folders. To backup your folders you will need to back up the files in the path provided.
- If you are a University Student, Staff or Faculty member. If you use the local folders to free up space on your university email account then you are responsible for backing up your folders. If this folder is ever deleted then any mail that is in these local folders will be deleted and not retrievable from the University Servers.
- If you are using a CCI machine, the local folders may be stored under the Administrator profile and not the profile that you are logged into.
Instructions for Windows and Mac
1. Open Mozilla Thunderbird.
2. Go to the menu bar and click on .
3. Click on Account Settings…. to open the Account Settings popup window.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the Account Settings list and select Local Folders.
5. The path to your local mail folders will be listed under Local Directory.