How Do I Install VL Software for My Chrome (OS) Device?
Note: ChromeOS service for Virtual Lab is reliant on younger, less tested back-end architecture. ITS continues to develop the service to improve reliability, speed, and features. Please alert us to any problems you may experience via help.unc.edu. Thank you.
Installing or Upgrading Citrix Receiver Applications
● You must be connected to the internet when installing or using the Citrix Receiver application.
● Click on the Apps drawer on the bottom of your screen on your device.
● Select Chrome Web Store.
● Search for Citrix Receiver.
● Find the Citrix Receiver app and click Add to Chrome.
● NOTE: If the installation is unsuccessful, ensure that you have extensions enabled and that you are not using a Guest account.
● The app will be downloaded and installed on your device.
● When installation has completed, open the Apps drawer, and click on the Citrix Receiver app.
Logging into VL
● If necessary, select Citrix Receiver in the Apps drawer.
● The Citrix Receiver Welcome page will open in Chrome.
● A box titled URL for this account: will appear. Enter https://itscloudsf.its.unc.edu/Citrix/ITSLabsWeb/
● Click Connect.
● NOTE: If you get an error message, be sure that you are connected to the internet. Citrix must connect in order to verify the server.
● Once the account has been verified, you will need to provide login authentication.
● For “User name”, enter your assigned Onyen.
● For “Password”, enter your Onyen password.
● Citrix Receiver will then display a large Add Apps icon. Click this icon and select the desired apps from those available on the menu located on the left side of the screen.
● NOTE: Some VL apps are located in folders, so if you don’t see something you’re looking for, click the top option on the drop down menu, All Apps, and a full list will appear. For a list of available applications, click: software apps.
● When you have added the app you wish to use to your home screen, right click and press Start app or left click and the application will run.
● To remove apps from your welcome screen, right click and select Remove app. To add apps, left click the Apps list icon on the left side of the screen.
Congratulations! You have now accessed the Virtual Lab Applications List. Scroll down the “Apps” list to view other available VL applications.