This document provides instructions for installing the Windows version of SAS 9.4 on 7 and 8. This installation may take an hour or more.
- This document is written based on installing SAS 9.4 on Windows 7 64-bit version.
- In this installation only the SAS Foundation was chosen to be installed. If you choose to install the additional products your installation will very depending the products that you have chosen. Please follow any additional prompts during the install.
- The images and instructions below may be different if you are installing on a 32-bit version of windows.
- You should have picked up 6 DVD discs or USB Key for the installation from Software Acquisition.
- License File – Please note that if the SAS Installation Data File on the media is expired please go to https://software.unc.edu/sas and download an updated SAS Installation Data File.
- Microsoft Windows 7 SP1 – Home Premium, Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate Editions.
- Microsoft Windows 8 and 8.1 – Professional and Enterprise.
- The Windows login must have Windows Administrator privileges to install.
- At least 13 GB free space for the install (based on SAS Foundation being installed, may require more depending on the products chosen to install).
1. Start Windows
2. Close ALL other Windows applications including virus-scanning programs.
3. Insert the SAS 9.4 DVD (disc 1) into your DVD drive or USB Key.
- Run the “setup.exe” from root of the disc SAS_99YTT3_ds01 or the root of the USB Key if the installation does not start automatically.
4. In the “Choose Language” window, choose the setup Language of your choice and select OK:
5. The “SAS Deployment Wizard 9.4″ splash screen should appear:
6. On the “SAS Deployment Wizard” screen, select Install SAS Software and click Next:
You may see one of the following screens depending on if you are using the DVD set or USB key.
7. The “Specify SAS Home” screen may appear.
- If a previous version of SAS is installed on your computer, for SAS Home enter the following path:C:\Program Files\SAS94
- If you do NOT have a previous version on SAS installed, select Next:
8. On the “Select Deployment Type ” screen, select Next:
9. On the “Select Products to Install” screen, specify the SAS Products to be installed:
- Be sure to check off at least the following products:
- SAS Foundation
- Other product selections are optional.
10. In the Select SAS Foundation Products dialog box, leave the defaults that are checked or select the SAS Foundation products that you want to install. Click Next to continue.
a. You may be prompted to Select SAS Enterprise Guide Mode if you are are running a 64-bit version of windows.
Choose a mode and click Next to continue.
b. On the “Select SAS Foundation Products”, leave the defaults selected or choose which products to install.
Click Next to continue.
11. On the “Specify SAS Installation Data File”, select Next:
Please note that if the SAS Installation Data File on the media is expired please go to https://software.unc.edu/sas and download an updated SAS Installation Data File.
12. On the “Select Language Support” screen, click the Clear All button to remove all languages except English and click Next:
13. In the “Select Regional Settings” dialog box, either leave the default (English (United States) [en_US]) or select a different regional setting from the drop-down list box.
Click Next to continue.
14. On the “Default Product for SAS File Types” screen, Select SAS Foundation (64-bit) then click Next:
15. Leave the default Host Name and Port Number. Click Next to continue.
16. In the “Checking System” dialog box, you do not click Next. Once the installation runs through the loading installation package, it proceeds to the next Checking System dialog box automatically.
17. Here, the SAS Deployment Wizard verifies the amount of free disk space and verifies that the files and directories that can be written. Click Next when it is finished calculating.
18. On the “Deployment Summary” screen, select Start to begin the installation:
- If you are installing from discs it will prompt and require you to put in the installation media. It may require that you put in the same disc a few times during the installation.
- The Systems Requirements Wizard may install additional components that may require system restart(s).
- Depending on the products you have selected to install, several additional screens may appear.
- This installation process will take longer than most installations. Your install time will depend on the SAS products you selected to install and the speed of your hardware.
a. Once the installation has completed then click Next.
19. On the “Select Support Option” screen select the Next.
20. On the “Additional Resources” screen select the Finish.
To ensure SAS functions properly on your system, it is recommended that you install the latest hotfixes for the SAS products you have installed.
Check the SAS 9.4 HotFix Downloads area and install HotFixes. After downloading HotFixes, follow the installation instructions on the SAS website.
After installing downloaded HotFixes, don’t forget to remove each of the .exe files from the download.