There are two user interfaces for our Legacy Data Warehouse, one for HR users and the other for Finance. (A new Data Warehouse based on PeopleSoft Campus Solutions student data is under development and will later incorporate HR and Finance data from PeopleSoft).
Table of Contents
Permission to access the HR DW is granted automatically (though expect a one day delay) upon being granted access to EPAWeb or SPA HRIS(InPower).
A link to the HR DW can be found (in a page you may already use) in the left hand margin here: https://itsapps.unc.edu/hrweb/
A HR DW user guide can be found here: http://hrisguide.unc.edu/hrdw/overview.htm
Permission to access the Finance DW is given by completing the form found here: http://www.unc.edu/finance/busman/act/actapp14.pdf
Access changes (to a new department or account) require the completion of a new form.
Completed forms are sent to Rosa Nolen, the FRS Coordinator.
A link to the Finance Data Warehouse can be found (in a page you probably already use) in the left hand margin here: https://itsapps.unc.edu/frs/
Finance Data Warehouse: https://itsapps.unc.edu/dwmenu/
HR Data Warehouse: https://itsapps.unc.edu/hrmenu/
1 The Data Warehouse is designed to work best when using Internet Explorer
2 Log into the warehouse using your Onyen and password
3 Click Favorites -> Add to Favorites -> (select a folder of your choice)
4 Test your link – because of complications due to the sign-on screens, it may not work. If does not work…
5 Edit the bookmark to insure the direct link (shown above) is actually referenced:
– Click Favorites
– Navigate to the folder where you put the link
– Right click on the link -> select Properties
– Under the tab for ‘Web Document’ make sure the URL has one of the above links. If not, copy/paste or type it in
– Click Apply
You link doesn’t work when it has worked for you in the past? The warehouse may be available but your browser cannot reach it. This procedure frequently clears up browser problems you may be having:
– Click Tools (right side, top of page in IE) -> Internet Options
– Under the General tab, click the ‘Delete…’ button in the section for Browsing history
– Check boxes for <below> and click Delete at the bottom of the form
o Preserve Favorites website data
o Temporary Internet files
– Wait till the action is completed – may take a minute; click OK
– Close your browser completely (big red X in upper right corner)
– Start your browser and navigate to the warehouse to see if it works