Note: You must be an owner of a OneDrive Group in order to create the associated Team. Also, the group must be private (not public).
Access Teams from your web browser: http://office.unc.edu.
Click the Teams icon (circled in red below)
Hover over the “Create a team” section (circled in red below)
The image will change and present a new button called “Create Team”. Click the button (circled in red below)
Click the “Yes, add Microsoft Teams functionality” link near the bottom of the page (circled in red below)
Select the appropriate OneDrive Group and then click the “Choose team” button (both circled in red below)
The new Team has been created and will show up in your Teams view.
For additional help including screenshots, please visit http://help.unc.edu/help/365login and select the OneDrive tab.
Links to training and help documents:
- ITS Help Document Collection for OneDrive (Indviduals or Groups)
- ITS Help Document - Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
- ITS Help Document - OneDrive User Guide
- ITS Help Document - OneDrive Getting Started
- Microsoft OneDrive Support Site - https://support.office.com/en-us/onedrive
- Microsoft Training Video (2 minutes) - OneDrive for Business Quick Start
- Check out UNC’s Office 365 Migration site. There are a lot of resources to help you become familiar with Office 365.