If you had an existing UNC Chapel Hill email account in the Outlook client before the migration, please do the following.
Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 (Win)
- Close and re-open Outlook for the changes to your mail account to take effect within the Outlook client.
Outlook 2011 and 2016 (Mac)
- Outlook 2011 – Click on Outlook in the menu and preferences, then Accounts.
- Outlook 2016 – Click on Tools and then Accounts.
- Set the user name as your email@example.com
- Click Advanced.
- (This will need to be done after migration) – Change the Microsoft Exchange server to be outlook.office365.com
Please access your mail settings on your iOS device by going doing the following.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars
- Under “Accounts” select your UNC email account
- Under “Exchange” select “Account” > now change your “Username” to your firstname.lastname@example.org > When that is completed select “Done”
Go to the “Apple Mail” app on your iOS device and exchange mail should begin to sync properly
On Android the email account must be removed, then re-added. Please follow the steps below.
Note: Each Android version might be slightly different.
- Go to Settings > Accounts (possibly under the “Personal” category)
- Select “Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync”
- Under your Microsoft Exchange account, select “Remove Account”. If you don’t see “Remove Account” you may have to select the “more” option, then “Remove Account”.
- Go to Settings > “Accounts” (possibly under the “Personal” category)
- Select “Add Account”, then “Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync”
- Enter your email address as email@example.com (note: this is just used for configuration, your email address has not changed), then enter your Onyen password and select “Next”
- You will be informed of the security features within UNC Exchange, select “Ok” if you agree.
- Set your email sync settings, then select “Next”.
- Now select “Activate”, then give your email account an optional name.
- Select your email account to check your UNC Chapel Hill email.
Check out Microsoft’s FAQs for Office 365 (https://support.office.com/). Microsoft also has some great training videos you can watch to become familiar with using Office 365 applications. Please visit the Office Training Center.