OneDrive Group “owners” have the ability to manage group membership. By default, the user that created a group is its owner. The group owner has the option to assign other users as owners.
How To View Group Membership
Navigate to the OneDrive Group you wish to view. Click the square box next to the OneDrive Group name to take you to the home site for the group (circled in red below):
Click the “members” link near the top right of the screen (circled in red below):
A new “Group membership” popup window will slide in from the right.
To modify the permissions of the existing users, select the down arrow next to their name.
You will see 3 options. In the example below, the user is an owner of the group signified by the check mark.
You can make them just a member or delete them by changing the option.
To add a user, click the “Add members” box. Enter the name of the user. You will see a list of possible matches. Select the appropriate user and click “Save”.
Links to training and help documents:
- ITS Help Document Collection for OneDrive (Indviduals or Groups)
- ITS Help Document - Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
- ITS Help Document - OneDrive User Guide
- ITS Help Document - OneDrive Getting Started
- Microsoft OneDrive Support Site - https://support.office.com/en-us/onedrive
- Microsoft Training Video (2 minutes) - OneDrive for Business Quick Start
- Check out UNC’s Office 365 Migration site. There are a lot of resources to help you become familiar with Office 365.