Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) is a widely used protocol for monitoring the health and welfare
of network equipment (eg. routers), computer equipment and even devices like UPSs. Net-SNMP is a suite of applications
used to implement SNMP v1, SNMP v2c and SNMP v3 using both IPv4 and IPv6.
The net-snmp package is available for the following operating systems: AIX, Linux, Solaris.
The package is available in three formats: as a tarball, rpm, or Solaris package.
Follow these steps to load the net-snmp package to a local machine:
1. Go to the Package Space Local Downloads page and click on the net-snmp link.
2. Click on the name of the net-snmp version you wish to download.
3. Click on the appropriate file name to download the package.
4. Follow the installation instructions on the download page.
1. The latest version available for local install is net-snmp 5.7.2, released May 10, 2012.