Sometimes it is necessary to delete cached files in the Remedy User Client in order to troubleshoot certain issues. You will need to go to a special folder and delete certain files. But first, you will need to make sure the appropriate cache files are “searchable” by Windows 7.
- Go to “Folder Options” in Windows: the quickest way to do this is by clicking on the Windows Start Button and typing “Folder Options” then clicking on the first result.
- Once there, make sure your settings look like this:
- Once you match the settings, click OK.
- Open Windows Explorer and navigate to: C:\Users\All Users\AR SYSTEM\home
- On the Search Window, search for each of these extensions(do one first, then the other):
- Type *.arv in the Windows search field – Make sure all the results end with that extension, and delete all those files. Do Not delete anything that doesn’t have that extension.
- Type *.arf in the Windows search field- Make sure all the results end with that extension, and delete all those files. Do Not delete anything that doesn’t have that extension.