Loading the openafs package
The OpenAFS client for Mac OS X 10.11 is available to download from www.auristor.com.
- When you download the AFS client, the installer’s disk image (DMG) file will mount on your desktop. Double-click AuriStor-client-0.43-ElCapitan.dmg, then double-click the Auristor-Lite.pkg icon in the pop-up:
- click Continue, and Agree to the licensing terms.
- In the Auristor Client Cell Configuration screen, enter the following:
- Local Cell name: isis.unc.edu
- Alias for local cell: isis
- Click Continue, and if prompted, type in your computer’s username and password.
AFS will dynamically load after a few seconds and the AFS icon will appear on your desktop.
Getting a New Token
First you will need to create a file named /etc/krb5.conf using a plain text editor (i.e. TextEdit) then copy and paste the following:
To get new tokens use the AFS control panel:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen, and select System Preferences.
- In the “Other” section, click on OpenAFS.
- On the Tokens tab, click Get new Token. Enter your Onyen and password.
- Make sure the following boxes are ticked:
- AFS Menu
- Use aklog
If you wish to uninstall AFS at any point do the following: