Loading the openafs package
The OpenAFS client for Mac OS X 10.11 is available to download from www.auristor.com.
- When you download the AFS client, the installer’s disk image (DMG) file will mount on your desktop. Double-click AuriStor-client-0.43-ElCapitan.dmg, then double-click the Auristor-Lite.pkg icon in the pop-up:
- click Continue, and Agree to the licensing terms.
- In the Auristor Client Cell Configuration screen, enter the following:
- Local Cell name: isis.unc.edu
- Alias for local cell: isis
- Click Continue, and if prompted, type in your computer’s username and password.
AFS will dynamically load after a few seconds and the AFS icon will appear on your desktop.
Setting Up Kerberos
To setup your machine so that it will access the UNC Kerberos servers, you need to load the krb5.conf package:
- Go to the UNC Mac openafs download page and click on krb5.conf-unc.dmg. The installer disk image will appear on your desktop.
- Double-click the desktop disk image. A pop-up window containing the UNC krb5 installation package will appear.
- Double click krb5.conf-unc.pkg to install the package.
Getting a New Token
To get new tokens use the AFS control panel:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen, and select System Preferences.
- In the “Other” section, click on Auristor.
- On the Tokens tab, click Get new Token.
- Make sure the following boxes are ticked:
- Enter your Onyen and password.
- Click Ok
- On the Tokens screen you should now see the tokens available.
- Close this screen.
- Once this is complete you should be able to open the AFS icon on your desktop.
- Then you should see the following finder window:
- Click on the isis.unc.edu folder and navigate to the appropriate AFS space you need to connect to.
If you wish to uninstall AFS at any point do the following: