Loading the openafs package
The OpenAFS client for Mac OS X is available to download from www.openafs.org.
- Under Downloads select MACOS X. There are Maintenance Release versions of AFS for MACOS X 10.3-10.9; choose the one appropriate for your computer.
- To check which version of OS X you have, click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen, and select About this Mac.
- Once you have downloaded the AFS client, the installation file should mount on your desktop. Double-click OpenAFS.pkg, click Continue, and Agree to the licensing terms.
- In the Open AFS Client Cell Configuration screen, enter the following:
- Local Cell name: isis.unc.edu
- Alias for local cell: isis
- Click Install, and if prompted, type in your computer’s username and password.
- Your installation is complete! You should restart your computer now.
AFS will dynamically load after a few seconds and the AFS icon should appear on your desktop.
Getting a New Token
First you will need to create a file named /etc/krb5.conf using a plain text editor (i.e. TextEdit) then copy and paste the following:
To get new tokens use the AFS control panel:
- Click the Apple icon in the top-left corner of your screen, and select System Preferences.
- In the “Other” section, click on OpenAFS.
- On the Tokens tab, click Get new Token. Enter your Onyen and password.
- Make sure the following boxes are ticked:
- AFS Menu
- Use aklog
If you wish to uninstall AFS at any point do the following:
1. Double-click the downloaded OpenAFS .dmg file.
2. Double-click the Uninstall.command icon in the pop-up window. AFS will be removed from your system.