All items covered under the Onyen Policy apply to the UNC-CH List Server (including its lists and subscribers). The following policies are additions that are specific to the UNC-CH List Server.
Backups of list membership, settings, and archives (if any) are retained for thirty (30) days.
ITS deletes lists that remain dormant for a period of three (3) months, or contain only a single member. In such cases, the list owner is notified, and has thirty (30) days to respond to the UNC Listmaster firstname.lastname@example.org to request that the list be retained.
ITS deletes lists that remain dormant for a period of six (6) months, contain no members, or are being used to promote commercial organizations, without any notification. In the last case, the list owner’s Onyen services may also be suspended.
Lists may be renamed at ITS’s discretion for the following reasons:
1. The list name represents a University Department, Organization, or Academic Course with which the list owner is not affiliated.
2. The list name uses inappropriate language.
3. The list name contains non-alphanumeric characters that may interfere with mail handling.
Otherwise, list names may be recycled when they become available.
Lists on the UNC List Server must be owned by a current UNC affiliate. A list owner must use his/her Onyen as an administrative e-mail address.
- Lists with non-UNC subscribers must use subscription confirmations.
- List subscriptions cannot be enforced.