How Do I Install VL Software for my Windows Surface RT?
Installing Citrix Receiver
● You must be connected to the internet when installing or using the Citrix Receiver application.
● Note: Windows RT is new software. Local drive access has not yet been added. If you have any problems or notice any decreased functionality, please submit a Help Request. The more we know, the more we can do to make the service better.
● Click on the Store button on the Windows Start Menu in the Tile interface.
● Open the Charms on the right-hand sidebar by swiping your finger from
the right edge in, pressing Windows+C, or hovering your mouse in the top
● Search for Citrix Receiver.
● Find the Citrix Receiver app and click Install.
● The app will be downloaded and installed on your device.
● When installation has completed, open the Start Menu, and click on the Citrix Receiver app.
Logging into VL
● After touching the icon on the Start Menu, Citrix Receiver will ask for a server address.
● Enter https://virtuallab.unc.edu/
● Click Next.
● NOTE: If you get an error message, be sure that you are connected to the internet. Citrix must connect in order to verify the server.
● Once the account has been verified, you will need to provide login authentication.
● For “User name”, enter your assigned Onyen.
● For “Password”, enter your Onyen password.
● Citrix Receiver will then display your “My Apps” screen and direct you to add Apps using the bar on the bottom right.
● When you have added the app you wish to use to your home screen, double click to launch the application.
Congratulations! You have now accessed the Virtual Lab.
For more information click on How Do I Start Using Virtual Lab.