How Do I Install VL Software for my Windows Surface RT?
Installing Citrix Receiver
● You must be connected to the internet when installing or using the Citrix Receiver application.
● Note: Windows RT is new software. Local drive access has not yet been added. If you have any problems or notice any decreased functionality, please submit a Help Request. The more we know, the more we can do to make the service better.
● Click on the Store button on the Windows Start Menu in the Tile interface.
● Open the Charms on the right-hand sidebar by swiping your finger from
the right edge in, pressing Windows+C, or hovering your mouse in the top
● Search for Citrix Receiver.
● Find the Citrix Receiver app and click Install.
● The app will be downloaded and installed on your device.
● When installation has completed, open the Start Menu, and click on the Citrix Receiver app.
Logging into VL
● After touching the icon on the Start Menu, Citrix Receiver will ask for a server address.
● Enter https://virtuallab.unc.edu/
● Click Next.
● NOTE: If you get an error message, be sure that you are connected to the internet. Citrix must connect in order to verify the server.
● Once the account has been verified, you will need to provide login authentication.
● For “User name”, enter your assigned Onyen.
● For “Password”, enter your Onyen password.
● For “Domain”, enter AD.
● Citrix Receiver will then your “My Apps” screen and direct you to add Apps using the bar on the bottom right.
● When you have added the app you wish to use to your home screen, double click to launch the application.
Congratulations! You have now accessed the Virtual Lab.