What equipment comes within a standard “smart room?”
Typically, for our class/conference rooms, we provide and use the following equipment/options:
- Instructor’s Podium. The podium can be either fixed or moveable. At the podium, there is a laptop connection that enables the instructor/lecturer to display his/her laptop from the projector. There is also an option for network connections as well as an overhead or desk-mounted document camera. Every podium/table is ADA compliant.
- Writing Surfaces. You may request a regular chalkboard or whiteboard or even SMARTBoards or whiteboards with E-Beam features.
- Window Shades. It is possible to have automatic shades that cover the windows and can be controlled from the touch panel.
- Viewing Screens. Depending on how many projectors and viewable material you want, you can have any number of screens. Screens are generally automatic and controlled by the touch panel.
- DVD/CD Player. We use a DVD player that can also play CDs and is fully controllable from the touch panel.
- VCR. The VCR is multi-standard with cable TV and close captioning options, all of which are controllable from the touch panel.
- Lighting Controls. We can also provided dimmable and controllable lighting within your room. The lighting in the room can be broken up in different areas for full control over different areas in the room.
- Surround Sound. Each room comes with speakers that provide surround sound capabilities.
- There are also many other features that can be installed to make your room more functional; teleconferencing, computer, assistive listening for the hearing impaired, overhead video projectors, slide projectors, and many others that you may require.
For more information, please feel free to contact us. Visit our website for more information.