- Individual OneDrive is intended to be a personal workspace for your University documents.
- Individual OneDrive is available to faculty, staff and students.
- For faculty and staff, OneDrive is available as your email account is migrated to Office 365. Campus migrations begin in March 2017 and will run through July 2017.
- Users must follow the IT Acceptable Use Policy.
- File and folder sharing is permitted as needed. This is currently restricted to users with Onyen accounts. External sharing is being investigated.
- Sensitive data is NOT permitted in OneDrive. ITS is currently reviewing this policy.
- Users are provided with 1 terabyte (TB) of space.
- Local IT support staff do NOT have administrative rights to assist with issues. Support is provided by ITS.
- Local IT staff have no administrative oversight of your space. Example: If you inadvertently share data, they have no view of this.
- When a user leaves the University, this storage is deprovisioned. The timing is dependent on whether the user is faculty, staff, student or affliate.
Links to training and help documents:
- ITS Help Document – Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
- ITS Help Document – OneDrive – Getting Started
- Microsoft OneDrive Support Site – https://support.office.com/en-us/onedrive
- Microsoft Training Video (2 minutes) – OneDrive for Business Quick Start
The details of these services are being finalized. Documentation and best practices are in development with a delivery goal of early March 2017. Please see Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions for further information.
If you need assistance with these instructions, contact us via one of the Other ITS Help Options.