Who does this apply to?
Keep getting an e-mail to select a primary e-mail address?
Where do I go to select my primary email?
- Go to the UNC Self Service Portal at https://selfservice.unc.edu/
- After you log in with your ONYEN, select “Email Sign-Up”.
- Select your desired email and save.
What will happen after I select a primary email?
Will others be able to see my calendar information?
What will happen if I select UNC Health Care as my primary email address?
If you select UNC Health Care as your primary address, after approximately 24 hours:
- Your UNC Health Care email address will display in the directories for both UNC Health Care and UNC-School of Medicine.
- Other employees at UNC School of Medicine will be able to see free/busy information when trying to schedule a meeting with you.
- All UNC-School email (including meeting requests) received after you select a primary account will be forwarded to the UNC Health Care account.
- Emails and recurring meetings in your University account prior to making your selection will not be forwarded to your UNC Health Care address, but can be exported manually.
What will happen if I select UNC School of Medicine as my primary email address?
If you select the UNC School of Medicine (SOM) account as your primary address, after approximately 24 hours:
- Your University email address will display in the directories for both UNC Health Care and UNC-Chapel Hill.
- Other employees at UNC Health Care will be able to see free/busy information when trying to schedule a meeting with you.
- UNC Health Care will not forward email or meeting invites to UNC-Chapel Hill accounts. You must manage email/calendars in both inboxes.
Can I add delegates from a different affiliation?
How will this effect Skype for Business?
- If you select UNC Health as your primary, users will not be able to search for you and send you an IM. If a user has previously added you to their contacts list, then they will still be able to send IM’s.
- If you select UNC School of Medicine as your primary, Skype for Business will work normally.
I made a primary e-mail address designation but my information isn’t updated in the GAL
It can take up to 24 hours for the changes to be reflected in the GAL. After the 24-hour period, based on what the user designated as their primary account (refer to the overview section to tell), if the information is still incorrect contact the following:
- Designated UNC School of Medicine mailbox – Contact the ITS Service Desk at 962-HELP or submit a ticket here http://help.med.unc.edu
I’ve been asked to designate an e-mail but I can’t log into the system to make a selection
I keep getting a Non-Deliverable message when I email someone?
Outlook uses a nickname file that auto-populates a user’s information when an e-mail has been successfully sent to in the past. Sometimes when changes are made in Exchange the nickname file becomes out of sync with Exchange. If you get a Non-Deliverable (NDR) as depicted above have select the recipient from the GAL (address book). Once you send an e-mail to the updated entry in the GAL their nickname file will be updated and in sync with Exchange.