The University’s Campus Exchange account can be configured in Outlook 2011 for Mac. This client offers full support for Exchange and is one of the recommended clients for Mac. In order to setup your account, please follow the configuration instructions below. The client (only) is available for download at http://shareware.unc.edu.
Outlook 2011 Configuration
1. Begin by opening Outlook 2011 for Mac. If this is your first time opening the program then you will initially be taken to a screen that will prompt you to create a new email account and Outlook will attempt to configure your account automatically. If you have used and configured Outlook for an account in the past, then begin by clicking onand choosing to add or modify an account.
2. Clickin order to configure a new Exchange email account.
3. Enter your Exchange email address, your Onyen (User name) and Onyen Password. Click.
4. A window may appear that indicate the connection was redirected to outlook.unc.edu, this is normal and you may feel free to allow the response from the server.
5. After successfully authenticating you should see the following screen, a green ‘light’ next to the account name indicates that your e-mail account is successfully configured with UNC’s Microsoft Exchange service.