- Dell blade-based Linux Cluster
- Largely focused on parallel and GPGPU computing
- Machine Name: killdevil.its.unc.edu
- Two Login Nodes
- 604 Compute Nodes: 48GB RAM
- 68 Compute Nodes: 96GB RAM
- 2 Compute Nodes: 1TB RAM
- 32 GPU compute nodes with 64 Nvidia Tesla GPU cards
- Access to 15TB NetApp NAS RAID array used for scratch mounted as /netscr
- Access to 42TB NetApp NAS FC array used for departmental space, mounted as /nas01
- Access to 36TB NetApp NAS SATA array used for home directories, mounted as /nas02/home
- Access to 36TB NetApp NAS SATA array for departmental space, mounted as /nas02/depts
- Access to 138TB Lustre file system, mounted as /lustre
- RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.6
Getting an Account
- You may request an account on KillDevil by selecting Subscribe to Services from the Onyen Services page. Accounts on KillDevil are primarily available to faculty, graduate students, and staff as well as to research team members of current KillDevil faculty patrons.
System Maintenance Guidelines
- Maintenance will be scheduled and announced in advance with a Change Notice and an email to all KillDevil account holders. Depending on the nature of the maintenance, outages may last several hours up to several days.
- Unscheduled maintenance may involve little or no advance notice depending on the nature of the problem. An Emergency or Follow Up Change Notice will be issued as soon as possible after unscheduled outages.
System Support Personnel
- Steven Fishback, Primary System Administrator
- Jenny Avis, System Administrator
- Mike Waldron, System Administrator
- Charles Hammitt, Storage Administrator