This document is written to take a person through the Office 365 new email setup on Android 8.x.x device. The instructions are written based on Android 8.0.1 and using a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. Some devices may look a little different but should follow the same process.
- Select the email icon on your phone.
- If you don’t have an email account set up you will be prompted to add one automatically.
- If you already have an email account set up, while in the email app select, Menu which brings up email settings and select add account.
- Or you may click on the Apps icon and Settings icon, then click on accounts and add account.
- Tap on others.
- After automatic setup, you will be prompted about Remote security administration.
This allows the exchange server to be able to connect to your device remotely (i.e. If you lose your device you may wipe the email account using outlook.office365.com).
- Click Apply.
- Set the period of time to synchronize your email by selecting the time period from the Email Sync period drop-down menu. Tap on Done.
- You can add a name to the field (i.e. email@example.com) if you would like.
- Select Done (your email will start to synchronize).