Why do random characters show up in my mailing that I sent from the admin web interface?
You may have pasted the text in from Microsoft Word. Word (and possibly other word processing programs) encodes certain characters in a way that is not compatible with the listserv interface. It is recommended that you use a more simple text editor such as Wordpad when composing a message to be pasted into the New Mailing section of the web admin interface.If you have already composed the message in Microsoft Word, follow these steps to adjust the formatting:
1. Go to File -> Save As and save the file as type Plain Text.
2. In the File Conversion window that appears, make sure that Windows (Default) is chosen.
3. Place a check in the box next to Allow Character Substitution, and click OK.
4. Close the file, and re-open it.
5. Paste the text into the Lyris admin interface.